Cannabis Salve Recipe
1.25 cups Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil (see cannabis infused oil recipe)
1 cooking pan (likely one you will use only for salve making)
42 grams of Beeswax
1 ounce Arnica Flowers
1 ounce St. John’s Wort
10-15 Drops Frankincense Essential Oil
10-15 drops Lavender Oil
Glass jars for storing your salve
If you need to make cannabis-infused coconut oil, please see Cannabis Infused Oil Recipe in my blog. I prefer making cannabis oil with both CBD and THC cannabis. This way you have a full spectrum of cannabinoids in your salve. This is not necessary, but in my opinion, will increase the efficacy of your salve. Once you have made your cannabis oil, the next few steps are pretty quick and easy.
- Place your pan on the stove and turn the heat on the lowest setting available.
- Place 1.25 cups cannabis oil in the pan.
- Once the oil is melted, stir in the arnica flowers and St. John’s wort into the mixture. Let the oil and the herbs cook for 20-40 minutes on the lowest setting on your stove. Stir frequently.
- Strain herbs out of the oil using the cheese cloth.
- Replace the herb infused oil in the pan. Place 42g beeswax into the oil.
- Stir until the beeswax is melted.
- Add 10-15 drops of your essential oils. Stir one last time.
- Pour into your glass jars for storage.
Suggestion: Cleaning the pan once you have put beeswax in it will be very difficult, so I suggest having a pan that you use only for salve making.